Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Wood floors! (living room)

Well summer is almost over for me, and it has been very busy!  Hubby & I did lots of home improvements and DIY projects that I can't wait to share with you all now that they're done, so stay tuned :)  (I'll hopefully be able to post a few updates before classes start)

Our largest project was installing hardwood floor in our house.  One of the rooms to get "made over" was our living room.  The carpet was so dirty/gross, it was well overdue for a change.

BEFORE

Changes made to living room:
Floor: carpet to hardwood
Ceiling fan: new unit, now with a light (major difference at night!)
Painted walls
Curtains
Window valance
Throw pillows


AFTER

Only thing I'd still like to change... would be to remove the spindles on our half wall on the left side of the room.  Possibly changing it to a larger platform and have a more modern pillar or something on one side?  Still looking into that, but it wouldn't be until next summer anyways (if at all).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and advice! Thanks in advance :)